In case of incompatibility, our staff shall strive in every possible way to resolve misunderstandings.
Performance or adjustment problems which the host family believes could result in alternative placement must be brought to our attention. Resolution of such issues can occur only when all parties are informed. We expect the host family and the candidate to make every effort to work together and with the Post-Placement coordinator to resolve differences.
If a problem can be resolved only by removing the candidate from the host family’s residence, we will make every effort to find another host family for the candidate, and another candidate for the host family. In such cases, the family is expected to offer to host the candidate for 2 weeks until a new placement is arranged. If a family is not willing to host the candidate for 2 weeks they will be expected to pay the candidate 2 weeks salary. The candidate is expected to continue to perform child care services during this period and be paid the agreed salary during this time.
Whilst we do everything possible in the search and choice of the candidates, if for some reason a host family is not satisfied, or if the candidate should leave, all the family has to do is to let us know within the first weeks of arrival and we will supply the family with a substitute candidate free of charge. The substitute candidate will also be covered by this eight week guarantee. If a candidate should leave after eight weeks no substitute will be supplied for free.
We will remove a candidate from an exploitative situation such as:
· not keeping to the conditions agreed with the candidate before placement.
· Sexual molestation of candidate by husband or relative of employer.
· not paying or reducing the candidate’s agreed salary without the candidate agreeing to it also.
· not allowing or reducing agreed free time.
· increasing agreed responsibilities and duties without prior agreement on the part of the candidate
. not treating the candidate appropriately.
· Beating or maltreating candidates
· Keeping of maids salaries.
In such circumstances the host family will receive no replacement candidate.